Monday, January 21, 2013

Monday Life Hack #3

January 21, 2013 -- Day 21
Hey Guys,
This week's life hack comes to us from none other than my loving husband. This hack is something he tough me a couple years ago after I ruined a wall when I was tying to paint a cute design on my bathroom wall!

So when it comes to painting the best tape to use (in my opinion) is the green frog tape,

however because it is a bit more expensive I cannot use it as much as I want to. So instead of the frog tape the next best tape to use is the blue painters tape, but be careful because on a delicate surface it can be too sticky and you can take more off the just the tape. 


  And now to our hack, the best way to avoid the tape taking off more then it should simply stick the tape to your shirt before you put it on your wall. The tape will then take off  just a little fuzz off of your shirt making the tape less sticky, but still sticky enough to paint a clean line!

The final way to ensure a clean line is to pull the tape off before the paint dries. Paint your line, wait about 15 minutes and then pull the tape.

Do you have any tips for painting? Let me know!

~Kelsy

No comments:

Post a Comment