Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Dessert Accessory Must!

January 16, 2013 -- Day 16
Hey Guys, 
Today I am gonna tackle an easy pin today, edible glitter. I am not a glitter lover, but when it comes to decorating cakes and cookies sometimes you just have to give in to the glam. Edible glitter sounds like a perfect addition to any food decoration drawer.
Like I said easy pin, all you need is 1/4 cup sugar, food coloring, an oven-proof dish, and a spoon. 


Put the sugar in the dish and add food coloring and stir, adding more color until desired color is achieved. 



 Bake at 325 for about 10 minutes. My hesitation with this project, is that when I think glitter, I think shiny, and I didn't really see this turning out glitter like.


 But look at the sparkles! It isn't as fabulous as Dorthy's red shoes, but I have to say I am impressed!! Totally going to have to make this next time I make and decorate cookies!!

The glitter did come out a little clumpy, so once it is cooled you will want to break it up as much as you can with your fingers. You can use a fork or spoon but if you are like me the sound will kill you!
Anyway, make the glitter and show me how you use it!!!

~Kelsy

No comments:

Post a Comment