Thursday, January 17, 2013

Guess what I found!!!

January 17, 2013 - Day 17
Hey Guys!
Guess what! I was giving my office/craft room a much needed cleaning yesterday and I found my glow in the dark bracelets that I knew I had! So, now that I have all the items needed I am going to do the Fairies in a Jar, as requested by one of you! 


So according to this site all you need to do is take your glow in the dark stick/necklace/bracelets (which ever you prefer) and cut them, pouring the contents into a jar. I used a mason jar like she did. 


Next add your glitter, put the lid on, and shake.



If it works like she said it should, you will end up with a pretty jar of "fairies". Unfortunately mine did not turn out like that, however it was still pretty neat.

Before water

 I even added water to get the glitter to float but it stopped the glow and just kind of made a mess.

With water


If you have tried this project send me pictures, tips to make it work better, or alternatives! Personally, I think this would yield better results.

Let me know what you think,
~Kelsy

No comments:

Post a Comment