Thursday, January 10, 2013

Glowing Art that is Not Fairies in a Jar :(

January 10, 2013 - Day 10
Hey Guys!
Today I was going to do Fairies in a Jar as per requested, but I did not have glow in the dark bracelets like I though I did, so... Instead of one glow in the dark treat I though I would try a different one. I found this pic and decided to make a glow in the dark version:


What I used: A small cookie sheet, foil, wax paper, metal cookie cutters, glow in the dark beads. You may want to use tweezers to put the beads in the cutters.


Put the foil on the cookie sheet, then wax paper, this will allow the beads to come off without using oil or anything that will affect the colors of your beads. Fill your cookie cutters with the beads in any way you want I placed them so all the holes were face up but you do not need to do this, in fact if you do not want holes in your pieces then turn them to the side.


 Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, or until the beads melt and fill the cutter. Make sure to keep a close eye, so the plastic does not burn or change color.


When the cutters are cool, remove the cutter from the melted beads, and the beads from the wax paper and there you go, glow in the dark art!! 



(Sorry, not the greatest pic)

 These pieces are very light weight, and could be used to create glow in the dark solar systems, or other pictures a child (or adult) may want to decorate with! Your imagination is the only limit to what you could do with these!! This is a very easy project and can keep the kiddos busy for hours as they design their art!

Let me know what you think!
~Kelsy
p.s. I will try and get glow in the dark bracelets asap so I can do "Fairies in a Jar" soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment