Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Homemade Finger Paint!

January 2, 2013 - Day 2
Hello peeps, Thanks for coming back and welcome to those of you joining us! For those of you that don't know this is day 2 of a 365 day project to do A Pin A Day! Today I attempted finger paint.
Here is a picture of the original pin from Pintrest:
Of course the link to the original page was bad so I had not other tips or directions, you will see the humor later! Ok, so here is what you will need, like the pin said, 1 cup Flour, 1 cup salt, 1 cup water (I would suggest using really warm water to dilute the salt), and food coloring, plus something to put the paint in (I am using an old drip proof ketchup bottle).
Mix your ingredients: 



And when they don't fit into the container you selected, grab a bowl! Arg! I should have known better!!


 Stir the mixture up really good!!
Transfer the mixture to your container(s). Messes are inevitable!
 Choose your color(s): I chose to make purple to match my table cloth!
 Shake! This could be the fun part for the kids to do!
 And now you are ready to paint!
Over all I think this was super easy, once I had the bowl, and the paint is surprisingly decent. I made the paint a little thinner, to make thicker paint simply add less water! I did dip my thumb in it to see if the color stained, and while it did not stain my finger, I cannot guarantee that it will not stain a child's hand that is in it for an extended period of time. Well that about does it for today! Let me know what you think! You can email me or leave comments below! Do you have a pin you want tested? Let me know!
See ya tomorrow!!
~Kelsy

No comments:

Post a Comment