Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Cheddar Bay Biscuits

January 9, 2013 - Day 9
Hey guys, sorry its so late today, I am not feeling too great, but I got it done ;)
Today I made Cheddar Bay Biscuits, made famous by Red Lobster. This is the pin I found:

Looks good right!! Here is what you will need:

 2 c. Flour, 3tsp Baking Powder, 1 tsp Salt, 2 Tbls. Shortening, 1/2 c Cold water, 1 c Shredded Sharp cheddar cheese, 1/4 c butter (or margarine), 1 tsp dried parsley, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, and 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning.

 Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and shortening. If your cheese is not already shredded, do that now. Once the flour mixture is consistent add the cheese, then slowly add the water. You should end up with little pill like chunks.


If your batter is too dry, as shown above, add a little more water (1 Tbsp at a time) until you get the right texture, as shown below.


Take the mixture out and knead it on a floured surface until it is all sticking together. 


Roll dough and cut out, place on a cookie sheet.


In a separate bowl, melt the butter and mix in the parsley, garlic powder and Italian seasoning, and spread it onto the biscuits.


Mmmmm... smell that garlic (my sister would approve!!)


Bake at 450 degrees for about 8-10 minutes


These do not taste exactly like the ones at Red Lobster, these are a little heavier, so next time I will not roll them out I will just section them out because with biscuits the less you handle the dough the fluffier they will be. I will also add a little more cheese (the original recipe called for 3/4 c. cheese) next time. Over all good recipe, this yielded about 14 biscuits for me, so I froze 6 of them for a future dinner.
Let me know what you think! Do you have a recipe you want me to try? How about a craft? 

Tomorrow I will do Fairies in a Jar as requested by one of you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment