Sunday, January 20, 2013

Breakfast Omlet Muffins

 January 20, 2013 -- Day 20
Hey guys!
Today's blog comes from a guest blogger who happens to also be my big sister. She found this recipe and tried it out, she said it was a total win!


Recipe:
Appx 6 small potatoes diced
1 package sausage or bacon fried and set aside
Appx 1C veggies of your choice
8 eggs
1/3 C bisquik
1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 C shredded cheese of your choice
2 TBSP dried basil




She writes,
"So first I fried the potatoes.  I seasoned the potatoes with garlic salt, pepper and onion powder.  I also added some diced green peppers to the potatoes.  Then I added the sausage to the potatoes and mixed them.

I put the potato/sausage mix in a Tupperware lined with paper towel to soak up the excess grease.

Meanwhile, I whisked together the eggs, both cheeses, basil, and bisquik.

Then I GENEROUSLY oiled all of the spaces in a muffin tin and filled them about 3/4 full with the sausage and potatoes.

Last I poured the egg mixture over the sausage to fill the tins.  Bake at 350 for 20 mins.





 Look at how yummy these look!!!

Tips:  make sure muffin tins are greased well to avoid sticking.

A plastic spatula works wonders to loosen the muffins from the pan before removing.

These freeze well for hearty breakfasts on the go!

You could follow the basic recipe for the eggs and add any variation for the insides...the possibilities are endless!

Adding some seasoning to the egg mixture would help offset the blandness of the bisquik,  but a little salsa on top works well too!

Also,  IMO,  these would be better either without the potatoes, or with hash browns instead of diced.

Enjoy,
  Mikayla (Kelsy's sister)"

Let us know what you think!!!
~Kelsy

No comments:

Post a Comment