Friday, January 11, 2013

DIY Screen printing!

January 11, 2013 - Day 11
Hey Guys!
Today I am going to show you the quick and easy DIY Screen printing!! This is the pin I saw:

Their directions were to cut a shape out of wax paper, iron it to the fabric, paint, let dry, then remove!! Sounds easy and I will try their way just once I find my iron(I know, I know) but if you are like me and your iron ran away, or maybe you want a project the kids can do on their own? Here's what I did.


Choose your fabric and shape. I chose to use a heart. I used PostIt Paper, which is really hard to find any more but you can use any scrapbooking paper that has been ran through a sticker maker. You could also make a sheet of sticky paper by overlapping painters or masking tape.


Place the shadow of your shape on the fabric, and get your paint ready. If you do not have a foam brush or stencil brush use a rolled up paper towel! (as seen below)



Pat out the paint on the fabric, make sure to use a lot of paint but not so much that it will run!


Wait at least 10 minutes to remove the stencil, then let it dry completely. 


But there you go, easy DIY screen printing. Bust out your cricut and you can make just about any screen you want!! You can reuse your screen a time or two, more if you pin it in place. Over all this was incredibly easy and safe for the kiddos!

Let me know what you think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment